Sunday, August 21, 2011
The site has not been updating regularly for the past week, but I have finally fixed the problem. This is why we in Information Technology never make two changes at once: In the same week I moved, and my hosting company changed some of their DNS (name-to-Internet address) servers.
So I spent a lot of time troubleshooting my connection here at the new house, when in fact the problem was that I needed to update CrimeSpot.net to use the correct servers. One of them was still good, which is why it worked sometimes and not others.
Another case of "technician, heal thyself."
posted by Graham Powell at 10:23 AM