Wednesday, March 29, 2006
What's new on the 'zine front? Glad you asked.
First up, those fine fellows at ThugLit bring you Issue 6, full of - wait, let's let them tell it:
- A Super needs to find a way to save the kids in his building from the Meth lab they call home.
- A man is given the choice: rob the bank or lose your wife.
- When you're ex-girlfriend shoots you in the face and steals the drugs, what's a man to do?
- A tricky car alarm forces some fast answers... From the man who's boosting it.
- They say it takes a thief to catch a thief. What if you're trying to catch a killer?
- A P.I. goes south of the border to find a Senator's daughter and scope out the burrow she's in... Or the burro that's in her.
- A man of the cloth tries to be his own avenging angel.
- If you're going to mess with another man's wife, make sure that man doesn't have a gun.
- The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. This also applies to convenience store robbers.
- What do you do when the man inside might snitch? Then, how do you get him outside?
- A crippled detective needs to help his punk rock princess's boyfriend broker some valuable gardening implements.
- When the price is flesh, you don't care who pays. As long as it ain't you.
"The Super Hero", by Tony Burton
"Voodoo Dolls", by D.Z. Allen
"Ain't My Bitch", by Max Callahan
"False Alarm", by J.D. Smith
"Capacity To Kill", by Donovan Arch Montierth
"Donkey Show", by Bryon Quertermous
"Click. Boom.", by Justin Porter
"Bale Hearing", by Christopher Friesen
"On The Program", by Eric M. Witchey
"Rescuing Isaac", by Frank Zafiro
"Alvin Comes Home", by Tim Wohlforth
"With Intentions Of Torture", by Michael Colangelo
That story by Tim Wohlforth features Crip and Henrietta, faves of mine from Plots With Guns. And now maybe Bryon will shut up about "Donkey Show".
NOT TO MENTION:
I was poking around on Sandra Blabber, er, Ruttan's site, and noticed that she had a 'zine as well. It's called Spinetingler Magazine, and you can read the full contents of every issue in your own living room via the magic of teh Intarweb. Fiction in the current issue:
"Intuition", by Tracy Sharp
"Outpost", by Kaitlyn Northam
"The Matchmaker's Brew", by Dana Y.T. Lin
"She Is Not Dead", by Erato Sahapoglu
"Keeping Fayth", by E. Ann Bardawill
"The Cannibal Buffet", by Ryan Block
"Absolution", by M.G. Tarquini
"The Mentor", by Darlene Hanson
"Chaos", by Tracy Sharp
Plus reviews, interviews, etc.
posted by Graham Powell at 11:52 AM